Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Tuesday, July 31, 2018

22. Back at Sea


Back at Sea (2 days)

We are aiming for Rio but meanwhile we have a few more sea days and one more minor stop.

The sea days, while it seems there is nothing to do, go by quickly.

I now understand why some folk do not even bother getting off a ship. They just remain on board for the whole cruise. No, they do not seem to have an interest in seeing another city, or fighting the lines or the crowds. Some people here on board just ‘vacation’. Their food is prepared for them, they are being served, their beds are made, their room is tidied, everybody waits on them. They love it and do not want to go ashore. I am not at that age yet, or I am too curious to not see stuff.

I prepare as much as I can before I go off the ship.

I organize myself and book excursions if I find they are good and reasonable and informative.

I use the time between ports to learn about the next thing coming up.

YUMMY!
But yes, it’s a good life doing nothing, just loafing, drinking cappuccinos and eating cake and cookies.

There is nothing wrong with those sea days….

Some people dash down to the on-board gym to work out, I tried that a few times, but I am more content with sitting and watching. I will never again be 30 years old; I know I am getting older. I can live with myself the way I am.




No comments: