Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Thursday, November 15, 2018

MOA & RA Rallies - 10. End of the Two National Rallies


10. End of the Two National Rallies

Only the Bike Covers Got Wet
Sunday and we are all leaving to go ‘home’.
We had rain last night, everything around us is soaking wet. I mean really wet. It poured down on us, the thunder and lightning woke me up, which is unusual, because I can sleep through anything. 

I felt a bit sorry for the folks who had their tents out in the open. 

Remember, we were under cover; we did not get a drop of water on our tent.

Packing up a wet tent is not fun; everything stays wet for days if you don’t find a spot to dry it out thoroughly.

Others Packing Wet Tents
Sunday morning the rain stopped, so at least people could pack without standing in the downpour.  Like at the MOA, we were packed within an hour, all was strapped and secured to the bikes. Carol had the soft goods; I took the ‘hardware’. 

We said our goodbyes and off we rode, aiming for Toronto.

The GPS told us which way to go and it was just a matter of riding and more riding. We made it in one day, from Wellsboro to Toronto.  450 km or about 280 miles…. It took us about 6 hours to get home.   We had to cross the U.S./Canadian border and naturally, it was stop and go traffic to get to the border crossing in Buffalo. In Buffalo they have EZ Pass, but …. Yes, my unit did not work, the battery in it died I learned later on.  I had to call to pay in Cash. Later I had to get a new unit sent do me…  Ah, Electronics are not always your best friends.
Home Again

Thanks for coming on to this trip with me… see you on the road.

Shiny side up!  OK?











No comments: