Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Cambodia 2020 - 21. Butterfly Farm


21. Butterfly Farm

Peace!
Entrance

“Once upon a time, I, Hans, dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was Hans. Soon I awakened, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man. Between a man and a butterfly there is necessarily a distinction. The transition is called the transformation of material things."
The Clipper Moth

Coming out of the Landmine Museum and then going to the butterfly park kind of reminded me of this Taoist poem. This is known as the: The Tenets of Valid Cognition.


Traveling from the Landmine Museum to the Butterfly Park really was a contrasting experience, or maybe we needed that. Maybe we needed a soothing place, a small nature path leading us in a roundabout way back to the entrance.
Papilio Memnon

We did not see that many butterflies, though.

In the right mood this place might be magical, it has small niches to have tea, it is quiet and relaxing and the world passes by outside. It’s just you and the butterflies. 

But we just could not manage to get ourselves into this kind of thinking.

2 Great Mormon, One Male and One Female?
At the time I thought this place was a rip off, but now, writing this blog I think we should have had a cup of tea.

I’ll pass on any judgments now… good or bad…. It’s a Butterfly Conservatory.  Admission is $6 per person.




No comments: