Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Monday, April 06, 2020

Cambodia 2020 - 30. Souvenirs


30. Souvenirs

We planned, we thought, we speculated. Where do we need to go to find an Apsara statue? In Bronze! How will we find it, pack it, ship it?

We knew what we wanted but finding it in a largish town with all kinds of art galleries surely will take some time and many stops.
Carol's Apsara Dancer and Hans' Shiva

We were done in 30 minutes!

Carol remembered seeing a shop near our hotel that eluded me.
We took a tuk-tuk who did not want to wait. OK, we will find another one, no problem.

We entered this family run store and they had exactly what we wanted.
And… they were willing to come down in price, too. It was a win/win deal.

Carol bought her Apsara and it’s quite nice. 

As for me… I added a Bronze Shiva to the sandalwood Shiva I already had from Bali.
 
Cambodia Is Also Known For Its Wicker. So - Another Souvenir











We are all done with souvenirs…. 30 minutes flat and we are back at the hotel.
Ana could not believe it… she was surprised to see us so soon.

We are off for today… loafing and doing nothing…..

Yippee!





No comments: