Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Friday, August 17, 2018

43. Still At Sea Towards San Antonio, Chile


Still At Sea Towards San Antonio, Chile          59 F (15C)

So far the weather has stayed cool; it’s another bum day just loafing on decks. 

Lunch was another English Pub day; this time I tried the Scotch Egg meal. A hard-boiled egg, lightly breaded and deep fried. Yummy!

I forget what Carol had, but I am sure we both washed it down with Ale.

I looked it up, today is cruise day 39, almost 2/3rd through our trip. How do I feel?
Extremely pampered and a bit sluggish would be my first answer. 

Jean, our friend visits the gym every day; she even hired a trainer to push her through her routine. Her husband, Ross, makes sure he walks at least 10,000 steps each day, around and around the ship, up and down, keeps on walking. He checks his performance with a ‘fit bit’ wristwatch. 

Me… I drink cappuccinos and while I try not to eat too much I snack on a cookie here and there. I am more of a nerd. I walk around too but not to the point of pushing myself. I walk around to find a different point of view someplace, explore nooks and crannies, chat with people, and even visit stores I would normally not go into, like a watch store. The ship has lots of stores. I find myself missing the intellectual stimuli I would have being off ship. I read a lot on board. No, I do not watch TV but I try to solve every puzzle the ship prints out and distributes in the small library on board each day. Some are too hard to solve instantly but I do not pursue them to the end, either. I feel like I am on vacation.
Splash Pool On Upper Deck - Good Views of Shoreline From Here

The ship has a large spa facility, taking over almost half a deck. I see the people walking about in their white robes, getting tugged, pulled, pressed and rubbed any which way to try to rejuvenate them. For some it is a hopeless cause. For others the look they achieve is a new radiance. The prices of the spa prevent me from even trying to do anything for myself. So, no, I do not partake in this youth program.  

How do I feel?

When I look around, watch others I must admit that some folks get on my nerves; the pushy kind especially.

Even the crew has developed some attitude here and there and some forget that they are hired to serve. Familiarity sews contempt, I suppose.  At least that is what I believe.

Roderigo Tutti, an Italian Pianist was the show at night. Good!









No comments: