Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Thursday, July 26, 2018

13. A Better Day


A Better Day

Tonight, on day 3 of the voyage we have formal night.

It is not Tuxedo night, but very close to it. Yes, some folks wear a tux for the whole evening. The ladies dress up and put on all their finery and somehow it feels like a competition, which is the nicest looking couple, man or woman for the evening?  I qualified but I did not win.  Good for me. I learned a long time ago to just blend in and not stand out. No, there is no official competition, it is just in my head, and I made this all up.

During the day we had a seminar about St. Vincent, the Grenadines and Grenada. At least we are somewhat prepared when we make landfall tomorrow.

Carol loved her gemology lessons. I never knew she loves this subject, but she thrives on it.

We made a reservation for the Bordeaux Dining Room for 5.30 PM and when we arrived there was no line, we were ushered right in. We were assigned a table for the evening and had nice company to talk to during our dinner. Very civilized, no crowds and the food was delicious.

After dinner we went to the theater, arriving about 7.10 PM and found great seats. The show was music from ‘The Piano Man’ and the ship’s ensemble did a terrific job with the 30-minute show. 

Carol wanted to dance on the way back to our cabin but I had rubberized soles on my shoes…hard to dance in.

Naturally, we had 1 dance but we called it a day soon after, it is strenuous to be up and about all day long.  I zonked out around 10 PM.


No comments: