Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Sunday, September 09, 2018

64) Last Day


Last Day                             73 F (23C)

Jean and Ross gave us the pictures I spoke about yesterday.

Thank you, J&R!

We are finishing our packing today; the suitcases are to be in front of the cabin door by noon.

Having the suitcase out early means the crew can be more efficient in collecting the luggage, have it ready to go off ship when we dock. 

As we remember, embarking and disembarking is always a bit of mayhem. Coming back from a foreign country into the U.S. (Fort Lauderdale, FL) means we have to deal with Customs, too. 

We are good, Carol and I. We were packed before noon, put our cases out and then walked around, saying kind of a good bye to what we lived with the last 2 months.

There were raffles, give-a-way’s and last minute deals to be had. We did not win anything at Effy’s. We missed their evening draw because we were at supper.

The trip’s final BINGO was up for grabs with $1800 in the pot. Well, I never play Bingo but why not try this one… no, I did not win, and I can now say, I don’t like Bingo, either.

It was our last dinner in the dining room; goodbyes to the crew. 

Lots of hands shaking, keep in touch, note taking, promises of emails, etc.

We went to the last entertainment feature, it was Derek Floyd, who gave a tribute to Lionel Ritchie. He was a good guy, this Derek, just not my kind of music.

When we went to our room our suitcases were still standing guard next to our cabin door. Nobody had picked them up; I hope they will be off the ship tomorrow.



No comments: