Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Winter 2019 - 28. Tegenungan Water Falls


28.  Tegenungan Water Falls

Tegenungan Water Falls - People Playing Above the Falls and Below the Falls
Supposed to Sit Inside the Swing But We Opted Not To

After all the rain we had had, the falls were impressive. Again, these falls are advertised as a MUST see on any itinerary of Bali. With water being a ‘holy’ concept in Bali I can understand that a visit is obligatory. But for my taste too many tourists visit here. We did the tourist thing, too. Sat in a swing made out of twigs and had our picture taken by Agung with the Water Falls in the background. Typical tourists, we even smiled for the camera.
A Long Way Down and Most Steps Had No Railing

I drew the line when Agung wanted to climb down to the water level, though. 

I would have been more impressed if I had been the only person at this place without any vendors, without any restaurants serving duck soup, etc.

Outside the gate were so many vendors it was difficult to walk through the gauntlet.

OK, I was there, saw it….. Next, please!























No comments: