Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Thursday, May 09, 2019

Winter 2019 - 5. Carnivorous Fish?


5.   Carnivorous Fish?
Lots of Benefits BUT...

I can add here that I also had my feet cleaned on the days in-between the massages by little fish. Carnivorous I don’t really know, but as soon as you stick your feet into the water the fish swarm you and start to nibble on your skin. 

Feet In the Kiddie Pool
The locals use these fish to remove dead cells on the skin. While sitting on a bench on the sidewalk, with everybody walking past me, I wondered if some people would submerge their body for this treatment. The place I visited was not a real spa but a kind of kiddie pool setup next to a souvenir shop. 

Yuck!
It felt a bit weird having the fish nibble at me. Since the fish were so small it was easy for them to swim between each toe; nibbling away at my feet. It was as if someone ‘tickled’ my foot, it did not hurt. But this constant ‘tickling’ after about 10 minutes then started to grow into some ‘soreness’. I am sure that if I held my feet in the water for very long the fish would just keep eating. So I call them carnivores!

What kind of fish were they?  I had to look it up and found this -- Guess they can be dangerous!

Carol did not sit with me on the bench; she did not stick her toes into the pool.
Smart woman!
NOT for Me

How did I feel doing this?  A bit foolish, but then I really did not know it ‘could’ be unhealthy.
I thought I was doing myself a favor and getting a treat.  Would I do it again?  Yeah! It was fun!













No comments: