Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Sunday, September 08, 2019

Winter 2019 - TAS. 8 Mona (Part2)


TAS. 8   Mona (Part2)
Over-Sized Wheels?

Bicycles:   At one point in the Mona Museum I was asked to draw a bicycle, I was given a piece of plain paper and a pencil. “Just draw a bicycle” the guy said, so I sat down and drew one. I kind of ‘knew’ what was coming, because that is a test I gave my ‘artists’ when I had my design studio in NYC. It is not easy drawing a bicycle, try it once. 
 
Unusual Frame
The idea is, of course, to show that when you take something literally you get some kind of weird gizmo that most of the time does not work. Case in point is all those bicycles were made according to the drawings some people made.

No Pedals? Chain? Powered by Will Power
Could you do a better job drawing a bicycle?  What would ‘your’ bike look like if it were ‘produced’?
What Is It?

I had to look twice:   From far away it is not that obvious I had to go closer to see that this is. Do you like them?  Water filled plastic bags!
Now, if I had this exhibition, I would put a goldfish in one of the bags.
 Just because!



Plastic Bags Half Full of Water













Pulleys Powered by Outside Weather Vane
Everybody can be an artist:   These circles were drawn by the wind. Literally! Using a few gears, a weather vane on the outside, some belts and pulleys and lots and lots of pens, voila… art!  Looks pretty neat, right? Nobody could draw all those fine lines like that, but the wind did it.

Weather Vane Art


Seen From the Side

Perception:   Is also influenced by the position of the viewer.
Same Picture Seen From In Front





























No comments: