Through my eyes

living my life without regrets

Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Winter 2019 OZ - 25 Touring Adelaide


2019 OZ - 25   Touring Adelaide

Adelaide is not a walking city.
The Adelaide Arcade, a 2 Story Shopping Centre

Oh, Adelaide is big, spread out, has fairly good public transport (buses) and we took one of those buses to the center of town, to the ‘old’ city. The guidebooks we read told us to see the closed off Pedestrian Only Section, see the covered ‘gallery’ of shops, etc.

A lady on the bus told us where to get off, what to see, where we would get the bus back, etc. The people in Adelaide were very friendly but somehow I was suspicious. I don’t know why, it might have been just me, a feeling of unrest, a feeling of dread, unfounded as it turned out.
Glass Ceiling Inside the Arcade

We got off the bus near the Adelaide Arcade, and walked like tourists gawking at all the high end goods offered. It’s a beautiful shopping venue but we don’t need ‘stuff’. Carol loves her amber jewelry and was interested in an amber ring, but it was not attractive and really was not a high quality. 

I bought some chocolate at Haigh's and we had a coffee to go with it. Delicious!  

They All Looked Delicious

Coffee and Chocolate - YUM
We walked to the old Railroad Station and the Parliament Buildings, but it was what every capital city in the world has and not that attractive. 

We even trundled through Rundle Street
Busker on Rundle Street
Pedestrian Only Rundle Street












Maybe I was looking for something that did not exist. I just could not find this special thing. I had no clue what I was looking for, but nothing struck me as ‘outstanding’ or ‘extra’ ordinary.

A Quick Visit to Unimpressive Chinatown

The people were very friendly, the town was vibrant, but I was not in harmony with the vibes I felt.
We took the bus back in the early afternoon, I read a book and that was that…bye Adelaide.














No comments: